ALL POSITIONS ARE FULL AT THIS TIME CHECK BACK IN THE FALL, THANK YOU.
Please email Kyle@1000stonefarm.com with resume and letter of intent to apply!
We are a small organic farm up in the hills of Brookfield, Vermont, Exit 5 of I-89 and about 15-20 minutes south of Montpelier. We focus on growing high quality wholesome healthy food and are excited about it! We sell wholesale throughout central Vermont and the Burlington area, as well our Farm CSA Program and we are at the Burlington Farmers Market. Our main focus is on vegetables and mushrooms, however fruit and egg production are in the works. We run a small crew of four people during our main season May-November.
Farm Crew Member:
For the 2020 season we are seeking two people to join our team! We are looking for folks who are passionate about a healthy local food system as we are! The ideal candidates have vegetable growing knowledge, a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and are reliable.
As a member of our team you will learn and work in many aspects of our farm, from greenhouse trellising, harvesting, weeding and field harvest.
These positions are from approximately May 1 – November 1 with 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday.
Job Duties outline:
- Trellising and harvesting tomatoes
- Trellising and harvesting cucumbers
- Working with other crew members to coordinate timing of transplanting and amount of help needed.
- Managing preparatory and post-transplant work (ex; bed prep, row cover, irrigation, foliar feeding, or side dressing)
- Maintaining transplant records
- Understanding our client’s preferences and quantity demands and working with the Harvest and Farm manager to meet and increase farm sales.
- Coordinating with other crew members for all harvest needs.
- Maintaining harvest records
Soil fertility and plant health:
- Observing fertility and plant health
- Collaborating with Farm Manager and Harvest Manager on fertility plans as well as plant health issues.
- Assist when needed in executing fertility plans and plant health solutions.
- Keeping weeds to a minimum
- Using innovative techniques to control weed pressure
- Keeping edges of greenhouses and fields mowed
- MUST WANT TO GROW FOOD!
- Honest, hard working, reliable, positive attitude
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Reliable transportation
- Minimum Pay: $13/hr
- Farm lunch provided with farm produce
- Farm CSA included! and treats from Market!
- Discounted pricing at our farm store
Please email Kyle@1000stonefarm.com with resume, references and letter of intent to apply!