Field Crew member
The field crews main focus is on the summer field production and fall/winter storage crops. They are responsible for coordinating seeding, transplanting, and harvesting dates; soil fertility and plant heath; and weeding. This position is a year around position from May 1 – November 15 with 30-40 hours a week expected, Monday-Friday with hours depending on the season. This is a learning position, in which you will work with each of the managers throughout the course of the season in each specialty.
Job Duties outline:
- Making sure seeding is carried out on time
- Keeping seed organized and up to date
- Caring for and running propagation house
- Maintaining seeding and field fertility records
- Working with other crew members to coordinate timing of transplanting and amount of help needed.
- Managing preparatory and post-transplant work (ex; irrigation, foliar feeding, or side dressing)
- Understanding our client’s preferences and quantity demands and working with the farm manager to meet and increase farm sales.
- Coordinating with other crew members for all harvest needs.
- Maintaining harvest records
Soil fertility and plant health:
- Collaborating with farm manager and greenhouse manager on fertility plans as well as plant health issues.
- Executing/delegating help needed to carry out fertility plans and plant health solutions.
- Keeping weeds to a minimum
- Using innovative techniques to control weed pressure
- Organizing major crop weeding days
- Keeping edges of fields mowed
- Starting Pay: $10-13
- Farm lunch provided
- Farm produce $25/weekly