Asian Cucumber Salad
This is a quick and easy salad that is refreshing on hot summer days. Eat immediately or make it ahead of time, it keeps in the refrigerator up to three days. After that, the cucumbers tend to get soggy.
- 4 Cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup of finely sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup fine diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add cucumbers, red onion, red pepper, and sesame seeds to a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together rice wine vinegar, honey, toasted sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and sea salt.
- Add dressing to the cucumber bowl. Toss to mix everything.
- Serve immediately or let sit in the refrigerator for an hour or two to let all of the flavors soak in.