- 1 pound of potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin slices
- 1 large celeriac, peeled and sliced into thin slices
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley, leaves picked, stalks roughly chopped
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes, celeriac, and onion in a baking dish. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, 3/4 of the cheese, the cream, and the parsley stalks.
- With a spoon, mix ingredients together. Sprinkle the extra cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven until ingredients are tender and is golden brown, approximately 50 minutes. Sprinkle the parsley leaves over the top.