- 2 eggplants
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the eggplant into 1/4-inch thick slices and generously salt each slice. Let them rest for about 15 minutes so that the salt can draw out the moisture and bitterness. Wipe each of the slices with a towel to remove salt and moisture.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat.
- In a large dish, combine the olive oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Place each eggplant slice in the dish, flipping them over to ensure both sides are covered with oil.
- Grill for approximately 6 minutes per side until golden brown with grill marks. If the eggplant slices become dry and stick to the grill, brush them with more olive oil.
- Once eggplant is tender and cooked, remove from the grill and return back to the oil, herb, and garlic mixture. Flip once to coat both sides before transferring to a serving platter. Drizzle remaining mixture over the top before serving.
Tags: eggplant, garlic, gluten free, oregano, parsley, recipe, side dish, summer csa, Vegetarian