- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 cups fresh shiitake or oyster mushrooms
- 6 oz ramen noodles
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced thin
- In a large saucepan, bring the stock to simmer over medium heat. Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, and oyster sauce. Add the mushrooms and reduce heat to low, simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ramen noodles and turn the heat up to medium. Cook until the noodles are al dente, stirring periodically, approximately 4 minutes.
- Stir in the sesame oil and scallions. Add salt to taste if desired.
This recipe makes about 4 servings.
Recipe by Jennifer Farley