Pico de Gallo
While recently visiting Colorado, we planned a dinner of fish tacos. One of the toppings was pico de gallo, and it was so good! I don’t know how I had gone this long without it. It is a fresh, clean addition that can also be paired with tortillas, chicken, or pork. Once prepared you can either enjoy right away or let it sit in the refrigerator for up to three days to let all of the flavors mingle together. The recipe below is just the basic recipe, but if you want it spicer- add another jalapeño. If you are not a fan of cilantro- try some parsley. It is really easy to substitute ingredients and make it your own!
- 2 slicer tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium white or red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all vegetables together in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix in cilantro and drizzle the lime juice on top. Continue mixing until incorporated.
Instead of chopping all of the vegetables by hand, or if you prefer a finer chop, you can add all ingredients to a food processor and blend.
Recipe by the Haas Machine