These bars are a tasty, easy, spring treat! The recipe does call for eggs, but they can be substituted for flax eggs if necessary.
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
For the Filling
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white sugar (you can reduce this amount if you prefer a more tart dessert)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rhubarb, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat the crumbs into a well greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the crust is in the oven, mix together the eggs, sugar, flour, and salt.
- Gently stir in the diced rhubarb. Pour the rhubarb mixture over the hot crust. Return bars to the hot oven. Reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the filling is set and no longer jiggly.
- Cool for 30 minutes on the counter and then refrigerate until chilled before cutting into the bars.
Original recipe by Chocolate with Grace.