This salad combines the sweet taste of the delicata with the spiciness of arugula. It is an easy salad that can be the main dish or a great side.
- 4 small delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 oz feta
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives or green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 of small red onion, thinly sliced
- a few handfuls of arugula
- olive oil
- a big squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Melt coconut oil with garlic, chili flakes, maple syrup, and sea salt.
- Toss squash slices with mixture and spread evenly on parchment lined baking sheet, giving slices as much space to themselves as possible so they roast and crisp instead of steaming.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip and roast another 5 minutes until caramelized and tender.
- In a small bowl mix together crumbled feta, parsley, and chives.
- Plate a few handfuls of fresh arugula and top with roasted squash slices.
- If you have some crispy garlic and chili bits on the roasting tray, and crumble over the top of the squash slices.
- Top with herbed feta, red onion, and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes approximately four servings.