Roasted Squash and Arugula Salad
This salad combines the sweet taste of the delicata with the spiciness of arugula. It is an easy salad that can be the main dish or a great side.
- 4 small delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 oz feta
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives or green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 of small red onion, thinly sliced
- a few handfuls of arugula
- olive oil
- a big squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Melt coconut oil with garlic, chili flakes, maple syrup, and sea salt.
- Toss squash slices with mixture and spread evenly on parchment lined baking sheet, giving slices as much space to themselves as possible so they roast and crisp instead of steaming.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip and roast another 5 minutes until caramelized and tender.
- In a small bowl mix together crumbled feta, parsley, and chives.
- Plate a few handfuls of fresh arugula and top with roasted squash slices.
- If you have some crispy garlic and chili bits on the roasting tray, and crumble over the top of the squash slices.
- Top with herbed feta, red onion, and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes approximately four servings.