Fiddleheads are a great spring treat! They must always be cooked, never eat fiddleheads raw.
- Approximately 1 pint of fiddleheads (it’s okay if you have a little more or a little less)
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, bring slightly salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the fiddleheads and simmer until just tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the fiddleheads are simmering, heat up a skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter and garlic to the skillet. Sauté the garlic until brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- When the fiddleheads are done simmering, drain all excess water and add the fiddleheads to the skillet.
- Sauté fiddleheads until slightly brown, about 5 minutes.