Lion’s mane is a delicious mushroom that has a flavor and texture similar to lobster or crab meat. To really enjoy the delicate flavor of this mushroom it is best to enjoy them cooked simply in a little butter and garlic.
- 1 large lion’s mane mushroom
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Either slice the lion’s mane into thin pieces, or tear the mushroom into bite sized wedges (almost like separating a cauliflower).
- Heat a large skillet and dry sauté the mushroom pieces until the water boils away and the edges begin to brown.
- Add the butter and finely chopped garlic to the skillet.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Sprinkle a dash of sea salt and enjoy them while they are hot!