- 1 tablespoon butter
- Approximately 1 1/2 cups trimmed and chopped ramps (approximately 1 bunch)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard ( or 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard)
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ramps and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, milk, olive oil, chicken stock, sugar, salt, and mustard powder.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until fully combined.
- Fold in cheddar and ramps.
- Divide evenly into muffin tin and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until puffed up and slightly golden brown.
Original recipe by Alejandra Ramos