- 2.5 lbs. of potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 leeks, with the dark green tops discarded and the bottom white parts cut into 1 in. pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Steam the potatoes in a steamer basket placed in a covered pot, filled with 2 in. of water until tender (about 15-20 minutes). Once tender, place potatoes on a plate to cool.
- Once cool, press the potatoes with your hands to flatten until the skins split and some flesh is exposed.
- Heat 1/3 cup of olive in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add half of the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned (about 8-10 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Add half of the leeks and garlic to potatoes and cook until soft (about 4 minutes).
- Once cooked transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Repeat step 4, with the other half of potatoes, leeks, and garlic.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice to the potato mixture and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.