A light and refreshing salad to enjoy on hot summer days. This salad can be made ahead of time to bring along to a bbq or picnic, but wait to add the dressing until ready to eat. The lettuce in the salad does not keep well once the dressing is added. Feel free to mix it up and add your favorite vegetables! Sugar snap peas make a great addition.
- 4 oz of Soba Noodles
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 2 green onions, green parts only thinly sliced
- Prepare soba noodles according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain noodles and rinse with cold water.
- While noodles are cooking mix together rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil to create dressing. Set aside.
- Mix lettuce, carrots, red pepper, and green onions to soba noodles. Toss to mix.
- Wait to add the dressing to the noodles until right before you are ready to eat the salad.