Wild Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound small oyster mushrooms
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In medium saucepan, bring rice and broth to boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter over moderate heat.
- Add mushrooms, pine nuts and cook, stirring frequently, 10 minutes.
- Stir in chives and thyme and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Add cooked rice and heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.