What’s a CSA? Why is ours Unique?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture; we view this as a community effort to keep our friends, family and land healthy. The less your food travels the better it is for everything and everyone. A CSA allows you to budget your food costs as well as to easily plan for your week, we send out weekly emails with the upcoming weeks share as well as recipes!
Our Farm is now offering a unique style of CSA, called our Market Choice CSA!
How it works: Every week you will still get a list of veggies that will be in your share but if you see something you might not want that week you can trade it for something else at pick-up. This is only available at the Montpelier location and at the Burlington Farmers Market pick up locations. We will have extra for folks to trade in spring, summer, and fall as best we can each week, depending on the time of year. We want our farm members to have the best local food that they need each week! Our CSA members truly support and guide our farm as it grows and develops so we want to empower you to have it become the best it can be for you. We offer our Market Choice CSA at our pick up locations only. Any of our group or business drops we are unable to, however you are welcome to swing by one of our pick up locations and trade some veggies!
We hope to share the abundance of delicious Farm Fresh Veggies and Mushrooms with you and your family through out the seasons!
Pick up times every week for all CSA shares and seasons:
- Tuesdays 4 – 6 pm on farm – 1102 Stone Road, Brookfield, VT 05036 (Year-round)
- Tuesdays 4 – 6 pm at Onion River Outdoors – 20 Langdon St, Montpelier, VT 05602 (Summer Only)
- Tuesdays 4 – 6 pm at Buch Spieler Records – 27 Langdon St, Montpelier VT 05602 (Spring and Fall pick ups)
- Saturdays 8:30 – 2 pm at the Burlington Farmers Market (Spring/Summer)
- Saturdays Winter Market 10 – 2 pm at the Burlington Farmers Market & Burlington Wine Shop (Spring and Fall pick ups)
We also offer a payment program so if you can’t pay everything up front, we will help you, just reserve your spot with a deposit! Click on Payment Plan for more information!
Mixed Mushroom CSA 2019
Spring: April 1 – June 1 (10 shares) Small: $35, Medium: $70, Large: $140
Summer: June 10 – October 16 (20 shares) Small: $70, Medium: $140, Large: $280
Fall: October 21 – December 21 (10 shares) Small: $35, Medium: $70, Large: $140
Small Shares: pick up every other week (1/2 LB)
Medium Shares: pick up every week (1/2 LB)
Large Shares: pick up every week (1 LB)
2019 Spring CSA
Huge thanks to BUCH SPIELER RECORDS who will be hosting us inside for our Spring CSA in Montpelier!
April 1 – June 1 (10 shares) one size: $250
During the spring share we provide a mix of salad greens, herbs, radishes, garlic, bok choy, kale, Swiss chard, carrots and as much more as we can! We are hoping to help you come out of the winter with tons of good fresh greens and veggies in you life!
2019 Market Choice Summer CSA
June 10 – October 16 (20 shares) Small: $400 Medium: $550 Large: $700
Huge Thanks to Onion River Outdoors for hosting our CSA pick up and our Pop-up Farm Stand in Montpelier!
During our summer CSA we try to provide the best of summer every week. You can expect to get a variety of salad greens, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, herbs, baby carrots, beet bunches, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, summer squash, radishes, and many more!
- A small share is great for 1-2 people or for a family that just want to add a little local food to their diet. Many people that have gardens still will have a small share to get some of the summer delights more consistently throughout the season!
- A regular share is a great size for an individual or family/couple 2-4 that loves to eat local, seasonally, and cooks most meals at home!
- A large share is wonderful for a family 3-5 or if an individual is into preserving food, cooks most meals at home and find that they really want as much fresh local produce as possible during the year.
Here is a list of some of the items that we provide:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Onions, Garlic, Shallots, Scallions
- Sweet & Spicy Peppers
- Salad mix, Lettuce, Spinach, and a variety of greens
- Rainbow Chard and Kale
- Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Strawberries and Raspberries with more fruit to come!
- Carrots, Beets, and Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts and Cabbage
- Summer Squash and Zucchini
- Sweet Corn
- Sweet potatoes
- Asparagus (sometimes it falls in the spring CSA)
- And more!
2019 Fall CSA
October 21 – December 21 (10 shares) Small: $250; Large: $350
Our Fall/Winter CSA is based around the idea that we can still provide you with fresh local produce throughout the winter especially greens! We are dedicated to making sure that every share receives fresh greens every week! As well as a mix of roots, winter squash, cabbage, onions, garlic, radishes, and many other winter hardy crops that we will be adding this year.
- A small share is great for 1-2 people or for a family that wants to add local food healthy food to their diet.
- A large share is wonderful for a family or if an individual is into preserving food or find that they really want as much fresh local produce as possible during the year.
Here is a list of some of the items that we provide:
- salad mix (lettuces, arugula, asian greens)
- rainbow chard
- carrots, beets, potatoes, sweet potatoes
- winter squash: delicata, butternut, acorn, pie pumpkin, red kuri, blue hubbard
- brussels sprouts and cabbage
- pea shoots, sunflower shoots, and micro greens
- onions, shallots, and garlic
- specialty products for the holidays from local producers!