This dip can be made in about 20 minutes and is great as a snack or two bring to a party to share.
- 1 cup garlic scapes*
- (2) 15-oz cans white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and set out a bowl of ice water. Add the garlic scapes to the pot and boil for 30 seconds. Drain and plunge the scapes into the ice water. Roughly chop most of the scapes and finely chop a few for topping the dip.
- Add the garlic scapes, white beans, olive oil, water, and parsley to a food processor and process until smooth. Add more water if it is too thick. Taste the dip and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve dip topped with some garlic scapes, chopped parsley, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
*If you want to make this dip when garlic scapes are not in season, two to three garlic cloves can be used instead.