- 1 1/2 pounds of beets
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups of arugula
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Remove greens from the beets, clean them, and cover the beets with about an inch of water in a pot.
- Bring beets to a boil and cook until you can easily stick a fork into the beets, about 35-40 minutes.
- Cool the beets under cold water and remove the skins.
- Allow the beets to cool to room temperature. Once cool, cut beets into wedges.
- Mix 3 tablespoons balsamic and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add beets to balsamic mixture and stir to coat, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool, then beets can either be used in the salad or stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days until you are ready to use them.
- For salad, divide arugula among four plates.
- Sprinkle goat cheese and walnuts on top of greens.
- Add beets. Drizzle balsamic and olive oil mixture from beets on top. Add extra balsamic and olive oil as needed.
Recipe by Michelle Nahom.