Yum! I am actually eating some as I type of this recipe. Usually, I never manage to make a cantaloupe recipe, because I just end up eating the entire thing as I am cutting it up. If you can avoid the temptation of eating it all at once, this salsa is a real treat. The sweetness of the cantaloupe is a really nice contrast to the typical salsa flavors of tomatoes, onions, and lime juice. It is also a really easy recipe that takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. Makes approximately 2 cups.
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 fresh Serrano or jalapeño chillies, seeded and minced
- Juice from two fresh limes
- 1/4 packed cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Original recipe by Jennifer Iserloh.