This light and tasty salad takes about 15 minutes to make.
- 1 lb. beets, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots (about 8 oz) roughly chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and roughly chopped
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons, about 1/4 cup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- Shred beets, carrots, and apples either using a grater or food processor. Place into a large bowl.
- Zest the lemons and add it to the bowl.
- Cut the lemons open and squeeze the juice out into the bowl.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and honey. Toss the salad well until everything is combined.
This salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe by Steph Gaudreau